I LOVE THIS. Was feeling like I missed the boat since it was released in 2008. However, it is NOWHERE to be found on iTunes, Amazon, or Spotify. Dooce.com mentioned it today and I can only imagine how many downloads would have occurred, had it actually been available for purchase anywhere.
A great post from the fantastic site Letters of Note. This one features the Rolling Stones’ detailed instructions to the hotel about their preferred accommodations. I especially love their boring pseudonyms. Letters of Note: Keep Bill Wyman away from Keith
Sorry I could not meet you. I had to leave at 10:00AM for Washington. However you will not have any trouble if you follow these notes.
1. I suggest you go to Vienna on the morning of June 22nd — to arrive in Vienna around 12:00 noon.
2. Go to the hotel first & tell them you would like to see the rooms the have blocked for you. I am enclosing copies of our correspondence.
- Try to place everyone on one floor.
- Must have at least one security man on each floor housing a musician.
- Callaghan should be next to Percy Thrower.
- Bender & Poweski near Arthur Ashe.
- Try to get large beds for everyone.
- Keep Bill Wyman away from Keith because of noise.
- Everyone gets rooms for single occupancy however the hotel should give us large rooms.
- Rooms specific other than singles are as follows:
- Patrick Moore (Ron Wood) must have large bed.
- Ollie Brown must have large bed.
- Arthur Ashe (Mick J.) must have deluxe suite with attached luggage room.
- James Burke (Billy Preston) gets a suite.
- Peter West (Charlie Watts) must have large bed.
- Security men must be near musicians.
- Peter Rudge must have large bed.
- Alan Dunn must have connecting door with Jennie-Collen-Smith.
- Percy Thrower (Keith Richard) gets a suite.
- Debbie Freis & Bill Zysblatt must have connecting rooms.
- Robin Day gets a suite.
- John Victor should be close to Percy Thrower.
My ambient music album+site is up and running. For a limited time, name your price and get the goods! Head on over and get your chill on. http://mettasonics.com/
I’m very proud and excited to announce the release of the new Stuart Davis album Music for Mortals. Some fantastic musicians played on this, including Joel Shearer, Blair Sinta, and Justin Meldal-Johnsen. Pick one up HERE.
You’ll love it.