Stoked to get my new Pablove + Channel Islands board just in time for summer. Shaped by Al Merrick himself!!, this custom shape is a hybrid of the Pod and the Biscuit. Mostly Pod, with a little more volume up front and more of a Biscuit rocker. The quad setup is working great and perfect for the summer mush. Check out both of these great companies if you’ve not heard of them.
I LOVE THIS. Was feeling like I missed the boat since it was released in 2008. However, it is NOWHERE to be found on iTunes, Amazon, or Spotify. Dooce.com mentioned it today and I can only imagine how many downloads would have occurred, had it actually been available for purchase anywhere.
A great post from the fantastic site Letters of Note. This one features the Rolling Stones’ detailed instructions to the hotel about their preferred accommodations. I especially love their boring pseudonyms. Letters of Note: Keep Bill Wyman away from Keith
Sorry I could not meet you. I had to leave at 10:00AM for Washington. However you will not have any trouble if you follow these notes.
1. I suggest you go to Vienna on the morning of June 22nd — to arrive in Vienna around 12:00 noon.
2. Go to the hotel first & tell them you would like to see the rooms the have blocked for you. I am enclosing copies of our correspondence.
- Try to place everyone on one floor.
- Must have at least one security man on each floor housing a musician.
- Callaghan should be next to Percy Thrower.
- Bender & Poweski near Arthur Ashe.
- Try to get large beds for everyone.
- Keep Bill Wyman away from Keith because of noise.
- Everyone gets rooms for single occupancy however the hotel should give us large rooms.
- Rooms specific other than singles are as follows:
- Patrick Moore (Ron Wood) must have large bed.
- Ollie Brown must have large bed.
- Arthur Ashe (Mick J.) must have deluxe suite with attached luggage room.
- James Burke (Billy Preston) gets a suite.
- Peter West (Charlie Watts) must have large bed.
- Security men must be near musicians.
- Peter Rudge must have large bed.
- Alan Dunn must have connecting door with Jennie-Collen-Smith.
- Percy Thrower (Keith Richard) gets a suite.
- Debbie Freis & Bill Zysblatt must have connecting rooms.
- Robin Day gets a suite.
- John Victor should be close to Percy Thrower.